All the questions for the sample survey have now been added. At this point the three buttons at the bottom of the “Pages for Survey ...” screen come in to play.
The three options are:
- Back to surveys
- Finalise survey
- Preview survey
The next step is to ensure that the survey layout is correct, this is achieved by previewing the actual message that will be distributed.
- Press the ‘Preview survey’ button
The screenshot shows the top of the survey Introduction Page, the Page Title, Page Heading and the first two questions and the answer layouts. All the questions/Answers will be similarly displayed (for both pages).
At the bottom of the first page are buttons giving the option to either:
- Exit the Preview
- Preview Next Page
- The logo shown in this example is for Neighbourhood Alert, your survey will show your portal logo.
- At the top of each preview page is a pencil icon; clicking this takes you to a ‘Page Preview’ screen which will allow you amend questions, change question order and delete questions
At the foot of the first preview page ...
- Press the ‘Next page’ button
After previewing page two, and making any necessary amendments, exit the preview ...
- Press the ‘Exit preview’ button
This returns to the “Pages for Survey ...” screen, where we have the final two options for the survey:
- Back to surveys
- Finalise survey
At this point a decision has to be made:
- Is the survey ready to be completed - is the timescale known and has the audience been decided?
If the answer is YES, then ...
- Press the ‘Finalise survey’ button which will take you forward to the final stages of creating a Campaign (see next page)
If the answer is NO, then ...
- Press the ‘Back to surveys’ button which ends the process but leaves the survey ready to use at a later date (see ‘Using the New Campaign Wizard’) later in this manual
Once back at the survey screen exit the process by pressing ‘Admin home’ on the left hand menu.
Because finalising a survey locks all the survey questions - making further editing impossible - a warning screen appears.
- Action Required
- Press the ‘OK’ button
This action takes you to Step 1 (of seven) of Creating a Campaign
Once you have created a survey and saved it you can use the Campaign Wizard to set the period it is live for, whom it will be sent to, create a direct link to it and to collate the results.
1) Select Opinion Gathering > New Campaign Wizard
2) Click the green "Get started" button
3) Set the dates for your campaign. The campaign ends at 00:00 of the end day so set the day after you want the campaign to run until.
4) Check the anonymous box if you have questions in your survey that can be answered anonymously and you want to offer the survey to people to answer without registering.
5) On the next screen, select to "use a previously created survey" and a list of surveys will appear, select the one you want to use.
6) Click "Next" at the bottom of the list of surveys to proceed
7) Check "Select / create a recipient list to sent survey to" and click the green continue button.
8) Now load an existing Recipient List or select "All users by Area" to define a geographic area to send the survey out to.
9) When you are at the level that you want to send the survey request message to, click the "Recipient list" icon.
10) On the pop up window, select "Add to recipient list"
11) The Recipient List window will load and it will have an additional green "Survey these users" button, click this.
12) You then need to fill in the Thank you text that users will see when they have completed your survey. Update this with suitable text including a link to a website that you want them to visit next.
13) Click the "Send survey notification" green button if you intend to send a message to people asking them to complete the survey (recommended). otherwise the "Just trickle feed" button will make the survey live so any trickle fed questions will start to be delivered and the direct link will be active.
14) If you are going to send out a notification (and you clicked the green button above), you compose the message on this next screen.
Tip: it is a good idea to use the mail merge facility to personalise each email that is sent, this will increase the take up of the survey. You do not need to include a link to the survey, the system will automatically include a large "Take the survey" button at the bottom of the Alert email. you just need to include the text "Please click the button below to complete the survey".
15) Complete the email text and click "Preview", if you are happy, click send.
16) To view the survey results and to access the Direct Link to the survey which can be posted on other websites and social media, go to Opinion gathering > Campaigns and view the Current Campaigns tab:
17) When anyone has completed the survey a green "pages" icon will appear and give you access to the results so far.
19) To access the direct link to the survey, click the small Facebook link icon, this will expose the direct url which can be copied and pasted into a web browser or posted on Social media etc.
If you have any difficulties with the survey facility, please do not hessitate to contact support. You can use the red "Chat" button to live chat or call us on 0115 9245517 during office hours. alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.