Groups have many uses on the system. From community interests, to approved members of a council - the possibilities are endless.
- When logged in, click "Site Configuration" on the main left menu.
- On the sub-menu to this page, click "Site Groups".
- This will list all currently set up groups on your Alert site. Be aware, these groups are configured for every admin on the website, so any changes made will apply to everybody else who uses the system. This is why only certain admins will have the ability to make these group changes.
- You can view sub-groups to a top-level group by clicking the + icon on the left-hand side of a group. You can also add new sub-groups to a pre-existing top-level group by clicking the ellipsis (...) besides the relevant top-level group, and selecting "Add sub group".
- You can add a top level group at any time with the "Add top level group" button at the top of the groups.
How you or your organization chooses to use the groups is entirely up to you. There are already hundreds of well-established groups ready to use such as "CCTV Owners" or "Social Media users" as well as many others. If you're not sure if a group you want to add already exists, it probably does - so be sure to ask us on firstname.lastname@example.org before adding a new one. This would prevent you from starting again with populating a group that may already have thousands of members.