Accessing the households list for surveys
If the priority survey option is available currently for your area you can access this from the Rapport admin Home page, the option will be labelled as the name of your Priority Survey.
You can then set your location, for the area which you will be surveying:
Once you have set your location you will see the streets for your area:
The Community planning map in Rapport here also includes red pins above all the
remaining (unvisited) target addresses (if you have targeting set up in your area). So you can simply head to the clusters of
In addition, markers now show the last known address that nearby colleagues visited within the last
30 minutes, to allow you to keep track of where your Team is working.
For the relevant street, you can then view the list of households which you may wish to survey:
Existing registered addresses, recently visited and declined addresses are not listed.
- A few “priority” addresses may be shown with a red house icon, for various reasons, these are priorities (do not advise the citizen that their address is a priority). You can click the “View Priorities” button to filter the list to just show the priority addresses (if there are any).
Performing the survey
Knock on the door and record the interaction using the button options.
- If you click “Not in” the address is removed from everyones list until 6pm that evening
- If you post a card/flyer/collateral through the door, click “Carded” and this address will be removed for a week
- Surveyed, Send Survey and Declined households are removed for six months
- Remove, takes the address off the database for 10 years, use this for incorrect, non-household addresses (eg Electrical sub stations, phone boxes etc)
Viewing local survey results
If you have selected an area where surveys have been undertaken previously, you can view the survey results for this area from the 'Local results' tab:
Sending messages based on survey answers
- When a person has answered the survey not-anonymously, they will automatically be added to the priority groups that they have selected.
- You can then target these groups for any given area from: Rapport Home > Send Message > Send to people who raised priority issues
Training, guidance and tips for delivering the Talking survey
Please review the attached PDF and PowerPoint documents for more in depth tips and guidance for delivering a priority / Talking survey door to door in your area.